Wednesday 17 December 2014

Tinubu pledges to support Buhari, Osinbajo


The National Leader, All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has pledged to support the candidacy of APC presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), and his running mate, Prof. Yemi Osibajo.
Tinubu, in a statement in Abuja, said though he was offered the position of the running mate by Buhari, he said he decided to maintain his position as a national leader.
He said, “There came a time during the course of the events when our Presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, offered me the Vice Presidential slot.  Being a normal human being, I was deeply moved and honoured that he would consider me for the position. Being a patriot, I had to weigh my potential candidacy in all of its dimensions.
“I have concluded that the interest of the party, our campaign and that of the nation are better served if I retain my position as the National leader of the APC, allowing me to be a bridge builder across all divides.
“I sincerely commit myself to the rescue agenda of General Buhari and Professor Osinbajo.
“I declare to you, I will work and dedicate myself so that our ticket succeeds and wins the 2015 election — not for his good, not for my good, not even for the party’s good but for the good of our nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment